thegodjourney.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Room of Grace  (Read 656 times)

OldPete

• Frequent Contributor
    • Christianity outside the 'four walls'
The Room of Grace
« on: February 02, 2009, 06:32:53 AM »

In "Suffering - the Great Divider" the whole question of "Why Suffering?" is being discussed.

This is a question that the majority of leaders seem to shy away from - understandably!

The closest I have come to an answer was after listening to "True Faced with God" by John Lynch that had been recommended here a few months ago where he talks of the Room of Good Intentions and the Room of Grace.

I have been on this journey outside the four walls of traditional Christianity for nearly 40 years, and one of the most common questions I see is "How do I find others on a similar journey?"  Over the last three months - after I had listened to John's talk a second time - I had been in touch with several people (both on the forum and elsewhere) about the possibility of creating a Room of Grace.  A few days ago I had an email suggesting that there was a lack of focus in what I had created.  This seems to have been the challenge I needed.  I am excited with the result so far - but I was reminded of a marvellous discussion some 18 months ago - primarily between 'Bones' and Paul Young (the author of "The Shack") about "Hearing God's Voice" - which we want to link to.

I have an 'uneducated' faith - I have never had any formal training and I've never been in a leadership position within a church environment.  I feel that I have been drawn to helping and encouraging others who are new to the journey - by providing a safe haven - where a number of us who have been on the journey longer can provide some of that help and encouragement.

The project is still in its infancy but after some of the comments on the other topic I felt that I could reasonably link to it now and ask for more input. 

My blog - http://oldpete66.blogspot.com - contains an introduction to "The Room of Grace"

Critter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: The Room of Grace
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 05:09:08 PM »

Thank you, Pete.  Man, you are prolific!!! One of my frustrations is being a poor typist.... Makes me try to keep things short, but I enjoyed what I saw over there...
Thanks to Resurrected Roadkill for animating my avatar!  ROFL